- How Vacuuming Help To Avoid Bed Bugs
- Best Vacuums for Bed Bugs Review
- Things To Consider Before Buying Best Vacuum for Bed Bugs
Recently, bed bugs have been seen more often around the bed and mattresses. With this growing concern, different companies have launched advanced vacuum cleaners to resolve this issue. Now you can easily choose the Best Vacuum for bed bugs and make your life stress free.
How Vacuuming Help To Avoid Bed Bugs
No doubt, vacuuming plays a vital role to reduce the number of bed bugs in certain areas particularly where bed bugs are found in a cluster or group. Vacuuming is not 100 % effective to kill bed bugs but you cannot ignore its importance to capture bed bugs. Here are some amazing measures that you should definitely adopt to get rid of the most bugs possible and I hope these tips will help to make your vacuuming experience pleasant.
- Keep one thing in your mind while removing those stubborn bed microbes that your crevice tool should focus on those specific areas.
- Make sure, do not push the vacuum cleaner too hard against the mattress or fabric, otherwise, there is a possibility that you can flip bed bacteria and tears off a surface instead of confining them.
- Try to make the suction as powerful as possible. Make a proper use of crevice tool fixed with the cleaner. Mostly, bed bugs have the capacity to stick to fabric and lodge themselves in cracks and crevices.
- It is mandatory to eradicate the bed bacteria from the vacuum; otherwise they will escape and create infections.
- When you are done with vacuuming task, just confiscate the vacuum sack and fasten the bag with tape. Then keep the vacuum bag in a plastic container and seal this outer bag, now you can dispose this bag off in the dust bin. On the other hand, if your vacuum cleaner does not include a bag, you can utilize the option of a separate plastic bag and put all the discarded contents in it. And do not forget to wash the removable container with hot soapy water to kill remaining bed bugs. Generally, a filter is fixed with this container; this filter can be washed, replaced or removed. Never throw water on other electrical components of the vacuum.
- If you regularly vacuum the areas where bed bugs grow speedily, it will help to manage an infestation. Usually, adult bed bugs will occupy those areas that were previously infested. Repeated vacuuming plays a great role to eliminate the number of bed bugs in your home.
By following these techniques, you can keep your bed and home bugs free.
Best Vacuums for Bed Bugs Review
Here, we are going to review best vacuum cleaners for bed bugs that will increase the knowledge and understanding of our readers.
1. Atrix – VACBP1 HEPA Backpack Vacuum
Atrix – VACBP1 is considered one of the best vacuum cleaners for bed bugs. As far as, its weight is concerned, it possesses 12 pounds. Its dimensions are 19.5 x 12.5 x 10 inches. Its size is ideal for moving here and there while vacuuming.
This vacuum cleaner can easily be rotated from right to left without any hindrance. It includes a belt loop which is good enough to hold different accessories, what you have to do is, just wrap the loop around your waist and use the tools according to your job requirement.
This efficient backpack vacuum can be utilized for multiple commercial and housing needs. This light weight product is specifically designed for caretaking and general hygiene requirements. 120 volts are required to run this vacuum cleaner. It consumes 1400 power watts for cleaning.
It features a CFM output of 106 CFM. As compared to other cleaners, its style is different which permits the consumers to keep the weight of this tool centered on their body. It is made to reduce the danger of harmful bacteria during vacuuming.
- It can be used at different areas like offices, warehouses, stairs, ceilings, entrance, furniture, curtains and narrow crevices.
- It offers an 8 – Quart Hepa Filter which can easily collect particles from hard to reach areas.
- The attachments can be assembled and removed easily.
- As far as its cord is concerned, it is just 12 inches long; you need to add an extension cord to clean the entire room.
2. Kenmore Elite 600 Series
Kenmore Elite 600 Series is a multipurpose vacuum cleaner which is specifically designed to clean all facades and areas in the home like car porch, kitchen, den and car etc. It offers a pet power mate tool which is good enough to pick up pet hair which are difficult to lift otherwise, dirt particles and dander from all areas without any hindrance.
It reduces the risk of hair being tangle around bristles of the brush. It has a Pop – N – Go brush that is attached to a handle and accumulates inside vacuum and stick within a flash for bare floor cleaning. It also features aluminum telescoping wand which can be adjusted accordingly and you can easily access narrow areas by extending its length to further 10’.
As compared to other cleaners, it offers a triple HEPA Filter System and this time it comes with more efficiency and almost 99.9 % of debris can be captured properly. It keeps the dust inside the vacuum and minimizes presence of allergy induced pollutants in any room.
It has an exclusive package, 2 motor systems surpass in suction strength and dusting brush, crevice tool and bare tool are also added in this package.
- Generally, it is difficult to remove the hose from base, but as far as this vacuum cleaner is concerned, hose can be easily taken away, what you have to do is, just push the tab that fixes out from the base of the hose and drag.
- Its bulky and big design gets some thumbs down for this cleaner.
3. AHSC-1 Atrix Lil Red Canister Vacuum
AHSC-1 Atrix Lil Red is an amazing vacuum cleaner. It offers 3 stages of filtration firstly 2 – quart Hepa bag, as far as this bag is concerned, it is disposable. It is particularly designed to capture dirt particles, pet dander and dirt mites that are dangerous for health.
It minimizes the risk of grueling bacteria during vacuuming. A premotor and exhaust filter is also attached with this bag and after dirt collection; they can be washed and utilized again. The Little red is a light weight and compact tool with just 6.5 Ibs. Its wheels make it user friendly and no extra force is required to run this vacuum.
In terms of speed, it possesses a 3 speed motor that permits the vacuum to clean different areas. And it can be easily switched according to hard and soft surfaces without any difficulty. Moreover, it has a 6 hose and the 22 – 36 telescopic extension stick which is really helpful to reach the narrow areas.
No doubt, this vacuum is small but it is still very efficient with 1200 watt power cleaning system that generates 71 CFM. Its dimensions are 13.5” x 10” x 8”.
- AHSC-1 Atrix Lil Red is a portable tool, so it can be carried to anywhere without any fatigue.
- This powerful vacuum cleaner can be used for both commercial and housing applications.
- This vacuum is a bit loud in comparison to other vacuums.
4. Housmile Mattress Vacuum Cleaner 810UR01
Housemile Vacuum cleaners are well equipped with the advance technology. It discharges strong UV light beams which play a vital role to kill the germs that hide themselves in the mattress. Moreover, these cleaners offer a vibrating motor which moves at faster speed to dislocate the dust particles and germs in the mattress.
The vibrating motor is really helpful to bring the germs closer to the surface of the bed and they are open to the Ultra Violet lights. UV lights produce heat which kills the bacteria quickly. When germs are dead, the vacuum carries them into other parts of the cleaner and you can get rid of them later.
As a result, you will get a clean mattress with nominal germ invasion. Its dimensions are 10 x 6.8 x 12 inches. It is a compact and light weight cleaner with only 5.1 pounds. When this machine starts working, the UV light turns into blue, on the other hand when your task is over, it will switch off automatically.
It features an air outlet on base with the modern design of twice stimulated carbon filtration so that it will obstruct the pollution properly two times.
- The most amazing thing about this cleaner is that the sheets on the bed can be vacuumed easily with this.
- As compared to other vacuums, its proficiency is 20% increased and an energy cover is also added to kill bacteria appropriately.
Let us discuss some shortcomings too.
- When we talk about the size of suction area, it is too small, just few inches.
- Secondly, the UV light will not kill bed bugs properly unless you flash it on the surface for 60 seconds so obviously it will take more than 6 hours to do a single queen mattress.
5. EUREKA Easy Clean 71b
EUREKA Easy Clean 71b is a light weight and compact vacuum cleaner which is specifically designed for home, garage or car. Its dimensions are 7 x 15 x 8 inches. Its weight is no more than 5 pounds. It has a powerful suction that collects dirt particles from upholstery and carpets.
It offers an extravagant Riser Visor system that helps in quick cleaning of stairs or the other vertical upholstery. As far as this vacuum cleaner is concerned, it is the most suitable tool for laminate, wood, tile or vinyl floor.
This cleaner can easily access too hard to reach areas like furniture, cushions and under automobile seats with the help of integrated hose which possesses a crevice tool suitable for superb cleaning. It occupies two motors, one is designed for suction and other one is for brush and the main purpose is to make sure through cleaning.
- Roller brush is not mandatory for cleaning; it can be utilized with or without brush.
- Its sleek design makes it user friendly. It is good enough to clean spills from counter tops or tables.
- Somehow, it’s difficult to pick up little dust particles from your car, but this product reaches to all narrow corners with on- board tools.
- It has a 20 foot long cord extended to clean an entire room within a single attempt.
Let us discuss some shortcomings too.
- Sometimes, this vacuum cleaner gets overheated, when it happens, it just switches off for no obvious reason.
6. Dirt Devil Handheld Vacuum Cleaner SD20005RED
Dirt Devil SD20005RED is a light weight and compact product under 4 pounds. The most amazing thing about this vacuum cleaner is, it is portable and can be carried to anywhere without any hindrance. Its dimensions are 12 x 5 x 7 inches.
It has a long 16 foot cord which can be extended to larger areas and gives you the opportunity to clean stairs and car interiors within a go. It is well appreciated for its long-term performance and ongoing power with a .45 L dirt cup and a separate 2.5 ft hose .
It is an ideal vacuum cleaner to collect different messes from pebbles to sand. It is particularly designed to access hard to reach areas like cushions to curtains. It offers a Built-in Quick Flip Crevice Tool to clean the home, car and workshop. It makes your cleaning task hassle – free.
- Generally, it is hard to find an efficient tool for pet hair cleaning, but this vacuum cleaner can be utilized for this purpose too. It is also good enough for automobiles just like cars; you can easily vacuum the narrow areas within no time. It makes your cleaning task hassle – free.
- It features a washable and removable filter which does not only captures the dirt particles, but also you can remove it and wash it any time. It helps in quick maintenance whenever you require it.
Let us talk about some of the shortcomings too.
- Whenever you switch it on, it creates noise which is quite loud, so this feature is somehow irritating.
Things To Consider Before Buying Best Vacuum for Bed Bugs
Sometimes, it seems difficult to handle bed bugs, but you do not need to give up. As far as, you have the exact information and tools, you can make this experience trouble-free. Here we will talk about some appropriate points that you should consider before buying best vacuum for bed bugs.
Usually you can avail two options when selecting the best vacuum for bed pests, bag and bag less vacuums. Generally, bagged vacuums are recommended because they include a detachable bag. After getting rid of bed bugs, just caged them in the bag and throw them in the dust bin.
The only problem that is associated with bagged models is that they can infest your vacuum with if not rinsed properly. Let us talk about some of the features that a vacuum cleaner must have.
- Hose attachment: Firstly, focus on the hose attachment which permits you to reach the narrow corners and areas.
- HEPA Filtration: It is another necessary feature and do not spend your money on a vacuum which does not include Hepa Filtration system. Actually, this system is well known for its authenticity as it catches 99 % dirt, bacteria, bugs and germs and finally, it leaves healthy air behind.
- Product’s weight and size: Always look for a light weight and compact vacuum cleaner that is easy to deal with. In terms of height, it should be proportional to your body. A compact vacuum makes your cleaning tasks easier.
- Suction power: When you start searching for a good vacuum, go for a higher RPM value that will ensure that the bugs pounding deep inside mattresses are approached with comfort.
- Dirt bin capacity: Always look for a dirt bin with bigger capacity and squashed frame as it facilitates large number of bugs and dirt.
- Other accessories: For a through clean up, you need other tools like a dusting brush, crevice tool, motorized mattress tool and a nozzle combo.
It is wise enough to invest your money in the best vacuum for bed bugs. Just make sure that your required cleaner has all the important functions and features.