At present when everybody is having a busy life, it is definitely difficult for you to spend much time on cleaning and vacuuming. So keeping in view the needs of users, robotic vacuums had been introduced.
Although multiple robotic vacuums are serving the people in the best possible way but we cannot overlook the performance of Roomba vacuums. Robotic vacuums of Roomba series are just awesome. They are an ideal cleaning gadget that can solve your cleaning tasks in no time.
All the models of this series are worth buying no doubt. But sometimes it happens that your Roomba vacuum stops charging or it won’t charge and makes you worry. But there is no need to worry about as here we will see that what are the reasons of no charging and how they can be fixed without any trouble.
Details About Roomba Won’t Charge
Reasons of Not Charging
The most common reasons why your Roomba cleaner is not charging are as follow:
- Sometimes you bring a new Roomba cleaner and it does not get charge, it means that its battery has been mishandled during transit.
- Sometimes there is a big pile of dirt and debris that gets stuck in the contacts inside and does not allow the returning of the cord to the charging dock.
- In some cases your charger may be faulty or the home base line cord may be causing some issues that do not allow the charging of your Roomba vacuum.
- In case of some unusual cleaning, the product may heat up and initially does not show the signs of charging.
- When the life of battery is over, your Roomba vacuum will definitely stop charging.
So these are some common signs or reasons if your Roomba vacuum won’t charge. Now we will see that how to fix these issues.
How To Fix It
It is quite easy to fix the common issues that are related to the charging of Roomba vacuum. Let’s find out how to fix these common issues.
- When a new Roomba vacuum is bought and if it does not show the signs of charging initially then you need to take out the battery. And insert it again. Usually, it starts charging after this act and if it does not still work then you can get the professional assistance.
- Usually dirt and debris create a big layer inside the contacts of Roomba vacuum and this layer does not allow the charging of your cleaner. In this case, you need to clean this layer for proper working.
- When there is some unusual cleaning, you need to shut your Roomba cleaner for some time. This is important to give rest to your cleaner. A heat up cleaner may not show the sign of charging instantly. So give it a rest of at least one hour and after that time, it will start charging.
- When a cleaner has been used for number of years, its battery may deteriorate so when the battery is dead, it will definitely not charge. In this case, you need to replace an old battery with the new one. But you should try some reliable battery.
- Try your charger at some different power outlet. It may happen that your current power outlet is having some issues. So changing the power place or checking the home base line cord issue may solve the issue of charging.
- One important tip is that your Roomba cleaner often creates charging problems due to its corrupted memory of processors. In this situation, you need to clear all the bugs by rebooting your device. Press down “Clean” button for almost 10 seconds. When all the indicator lights get on then you can release it. Your device will restart and you will see that the charging problems have gone.
- In some cases, your Roomba is getting charged but there is an issue with illuminating light. And it feels that Roomba is not getting charged. So you need to get the lights checked too.
- If your battery is not getting charged, then you may need to drain it first. Sometimes draining the full battery may work for you. Use your cleaner fully and when it stops working after the battery is fully low then you can keep it on charge. In many cases, it starts charging.
So these are the common practices that can truly help you to resolve the charging issues. There is a booklet too inside the packaging that can really help you. But sometimes the fault is far beyond your thinking parameters and all your efforts bring no result so in this situation you need to get the professional assistance.
They can properly guide you about the real problem. But remember, if your battery needs replacement then you should always replace it with some durable and reliable one.