Vacuum cleaners are considered as an ideal cleaning gadget and there is no doubt about it. They can perform cleaning tasks not only efficiently but also effectively. Shark vacuum is also a great tool for cleaning. But nothing is perfect in this world and same is the case with this cleaner.
Shark vacuum is an ideal product but it is not strange if it causes some technical or common problems once in a while. Sometimes, you may find problem in set up or some other times it may be in the inner functions of machinery. So do not panic because these problems are fixable.
Here we will discuss some common problems that may arise while using your Shark vacuums. These are some basic problems and you can troubleshoot these by practicing some tips and tricks.
Shark Vacuum Troubleshooting Guideline
Shark vacuum troubleshooting tips and tricks are really helpful as they guide you to solve so many problems yourself. Here we will discuss some common and basic errors that can be troubleshoot easily.
1. Check warranty: If your Shark Vacuum is showing some fault then you need to check the warranty first. Warranty card is provided with the product at the time of buying. So check this card inside the box. Check the date and time duration of warranty, if your Shark vacuum covers warranty then it is very good. You can easily avail the services of technical personnel for free.
2. Seek help from manual: A manual is a small booklet that contains all the information regarding setup, process and the attachments about Shark vacuum so you may seek help from this manual. If you have lost it, do not worry. Visit the website of Shark vacuum and you will definitely find a page that would be dedicated for your cleaner. So you can read the instructions and troubleshoot some common problems.
3. Dirty Filter: Sometimes dirty filters are also a reason of mall functioning of vacuum cleaners. There are two filters in a Shark vacuum. Sometimes these filters get so dirty that they become unable to perform the further cleaning task.
So if you discover that your cleaner is needs cleaning, take out the filters and wash them with hot water. You will clearly feel the difference after washing the filters.[amazon box=”B06XCTVM12,B01E20A2QK,B07BWQHRVP” grid=”3″]
These filters are not meant to stay for life time so if you feel that they need replacement then you should change them for proper working of the vacuum.
4. Dust container or cup is full: Dust cups are designed to capture dirt and debris but their capacity is limited. When they are overloaded, they stop to capture more dirt and we think that vacuum is having some problem. So when your Shark vacuum is not working properly, you need to check its dust cup. Take it out and wash it properly. This act will help your cleaner from losing suction.
5. Issue in Air Duct: Air Duct is the part of vacuum that helps to suck dirt. Sometimes suction gets effected and users are unable to figure out what is wrong. In this situation, you must check the air duct of your Shark vacuum. May be there is a large block in the air duct that cause suction problem or it may be something else. So check the air duct to remove any blockage. It really works.
6. Motor replacement: Motor is the most important part of a cleaner. There are sometimes when motor does not work properly. As we all know motor provides power to your vacuum for working so if it does not work properly then either you need to fix its problem or you need to replace it with a new one. More details about Shark motor Read More
7. Blockage of hose: A device cannot work in case of having a blockage in hose. A hose can also get blocked due to dirt just like the air duct. Check the hose of your cleaner and try to figure out where is the problem. If there is any clog, remove it and your cleaner will start working fine.
8. Nozzle attachments: It often happens that everything has been fixed properly but cleaner does not show the signs of working. If this is a case then pay attention to the nozzle attachment. If nozzle is not attached properly, it will not provide power to the cleaner. So check wisely that nozzle is attached fully. Angle of nozzle also matters a lot so check its angle of attachment too. In some cases, it happens that there is no problem with dust cup, filters, nozzles etc. Air duct is clear and motor is also in a right condition and there is no problem with setting then you need to conduct some basic checking.
In this checking, you just need to restart your Shark vacuum. This is so because sometimes a problem is solved by just restarting it. This basic checking involves following points:
9. Unplug your Shark vacuum: When you feel that everything is fine but Shark vacuum is still not working then just unplug your cleaner. Disconnect your cleaner from electricity. There is an On-off option on your vacuum. You have to press that button and select that mode. You also need to switch off the brush roll on option. After plugging out, you need to let your cleaner cool for 50 minutes. Sometimes a cleaner gets hot due to continuous working and it loses its suction power. So give it some rest and let it cool. Once it is cool then plug it in again and it will most likely start working.
10. Fuse problem: There can be an issue of fuse. So check it first, if the switch is fuse then change it and plug in your cleaner again. A vacuum is a handy device that is used on daily basis so it may cause troubles sometime but it is painstaking to get it to the mechanic every time. So it is advisable to learn some troubleshooting tips and tricks yourself.
Once you know about the parts of your Shark vacuum fully then you can solve so many problems all by yourself at home. But always try to keep the filters, dust cup and air duct clean because if they will be dirty then they will obstruct your cleaning tasks.
Shark vacuum troubleshooting can be difficult, but with a little effort, it should be possible to fix the issue. If the vacuum still doesn’t work, it may be necessary to take it in for repairs.