- Compare The Roomba 675 Vs 690 For The Proper Understanding
- Frequently Asked Questions
Smart floor cleaners of Roomba series are just awesome. They offer great features and their performance is very satisfactory. When we talk about the cleaners of Roomba series, we cannot overlook the names of Roomba 675 and 690. Both of the products have their own distinguished features. So, before comparing the two, we need a brief introduction of these two products.
Roomba 675: Roomba 675 is a robotic vacuum that offers 3 stage cleaning system. This product has dirt detect sensors that greatly help this cleaner to work hard on dirty areas. This is an ideal product for picking up pet hair. Users cannot only start but also schedule this cleaner for cleaning from anywhere.
This product has been integrated with Google Assistant and Alexa so you can use voice commands to control it. This is a light weight product as its weight is just 6.77 pounds and the dimensions of this product are 13.4*13.4*3.5 inches.
Roomba 690: Roomba 690 is a sleek and versatile smart floor cleaner that goes well with your home décor. This product offers Dual-Mode Virtual Wall Barrier technology and enhances the control of user over this cleaner. 3 stage cleaning system offers thorough cleaning.
Its battery run time is 90 minutes and after this time, it automatically returns to its docking station and starts charging. This product is also integrated with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa so you can use voice commands to control this robotic vacuum. The weight of Roomba 690 is 7.8 pounds and its other dimensions are 13*13*3.6 inches.
Compare The Roomba 675 Vs 690 For The Proper Understanding
Design of robotic cleaner matters a lot especially in case of smart floor cleaners because users want a cleaner that does not only offer thorough cleaning but also goes well with their décor. In case of Roomba 675 and 690, you will find a slight difference in their design.
- Roomba 675 offers a low profile design with black finishing. It is silver grey from the center and its main buttons are also located there.
- Roomba 690 is a sleek product that has a low profile design like Roomba 675. This is a round-shaped cleaner that offers grey and black finishing. Its cleaning button is of grey color that is located at the center of the cleaner whereas the additional buttons are of black color.
So as far as the design is concerned, there is no big difference in these two products, only slight change in colors.
When you decide to buy a cleaner, the very first thing that you consider is the features of a product as they play a pivotal role in making a right decision. Here we will present the overall features of Roomba 675 and 690.
Features of Roomba 675
- 3 stage cleaning system
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Automatic docking and recharging
- Auto and spot cleaning modes
- 90 minutes battery run time
- 120 minutes charging time
- Scheduling is possible from anywhere
- Integration with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- Edge sweeping brush for the cleanliness of walls corners and edges
- Weight is 6.77 pounds.
- Dimensions are also pretty good.
Features of Roomba 690
- Premium design
- 3 stage cleaning system
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Patented Dirt Detect Sensors
- IAdapt Responsive Navigation
- Convenient Scheduling
- Integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Virtual Wall Technology
- Auto recharging
- Weight is 7.8 pounds
- Intelligent sensors
- Versatile product with good dimensions
- Ideal product for pet hair, carpets and hard floors.
3. Battery and Motor of Roomba 675 and 690
Both of the Roomba 675 and 690 use battery of 1800 MAH and have same run time which is 90 minutes. From the initial research, it looks like that both Roomba models have same motor which runs the system.
4. Wi-fi Connectivity
Roomba 690 and 675 both can be connected to iRobot Home Application which gives the users full wireless control. This wi-fi connectivity feature allows you to easily use the application for starting and stopping a current cleaning. Moreover, you can also view cleaning history or schedule a cleaning to be done in future.
It is very easy to set up the application, do settings and control views on the iRobot App.
But if you do not have a wi-fi connection or do not want to use it for certain reasons, you can still operate both models for cleaning but some features might not be accessible without wi-fi.
Let’s have a look on some of the parts and accessories which are included in both of the models of Roomba 675 Vs 690.
Following parts and accessories are included in both of the models which are as follow
- Robot Vacuum
- Charging Station
- Spinning Brush
- Cleaning Tool
- HEPA Filter (x2)
- User Guide
But there is one part which makes the main difference between the two products and mainly affects the change in their prices.
The Dual Mode Virtual Barrier Wall
This virtual barrier wall is what differentiates Roomba 690 from 675. This wall in the 690 Roomba model restricts it from accessing certain areas from cleaning if you do not want Roomba to clean those areas. This tool is mainly useful where there are certain obstacles in the way of cleaning or where the floor plan has a complicated lay out so to avoid damage to your cleaner, you can use this feature.
Advantages and Disadvantages: Every product has its own advantages and disadvantages and these key points must be considered while buying a cleaner for your home. So let us have a look on them one by one for each model.
- This is an affordable product.
- It offers the feature of Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Mobile app of this product is available for Android and IOS.
- Users can give voice commands due to its integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- It is an easy to set and use product.
- 3 stage cleaning system is amazing.
- Ideal product for picking up pet hair.
- Suction power is not so strong in comparison to other models.
- It does not catch up allergens properly.
- It works very well for catching up pet hair.
- Feature of Virtual Wall technology makes it different from Roomba 675.
- Wi-Fi connectivity enhances the control of this product.
- This is a sleek product so it can access the hard to reach places easily.
- It also offers 3 stage cleaning system.
- Users can use iRobot Home app to control this product.
- This is an integrated product with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa so voice commands can be used to control it.
- It has intelligent sensors.
- No room mapping is allowed.
- Sometimes it gets stuck in some areas and does not return to dock.
When we make a comparison of Roomba 675 VS 690, we cannot overlook the performance factor. Performance of these two Roomba vacuums depend upon some factors like:
- Brushrolls style
- Cleaning tests
- Filtration system
These factors overall help to enhance the performance of a product.
Both Roomba 675 and 690 use a bristle style brush that absolutely helps to clean the hardwoods but they struggle with the fine type of debris of carpets.
Roomba 675 and 690 utilize the same filtration system that is AeroVac Filtration System. This system is less efficient as compared to the new AeroForce system but it is still useful because it is still a HEPA Filter.
Roomba 675 and 690 almost share the same features so in different cleaning tests, their performance has been observed almost same.
6. Usability of Roomba 675 and 690
When we talk about the usability of these two products, we come to know that they cannot be differentiated on this basis. Both robotic cleaners have identical buttons on its body and it is quite easy to start the cleaning process. Users juts need to press the clean button that is located on the face of cleaner.
You can schedule these products by using an app on your smart phone and option of voice command is available too as these products have integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
7. Maintenance and Dustbin
In the new models of Roomba, feature of dustbin indicator has been introduced but both of the above mentioned models of Roomba 675 and 690 lack this feature. But users have no need to worry as it is very simple to maintain these dust bins.
These two Roomba models offer 0.3 litter dust capacity that is quite impressive. You can eject dustbin by simply pressing a button that is located at the back side of the body of robotic cleaner. Another important thing is that every part of dustbin like AeroVac filters, containers are not only easy to remove and clean but they can also be replaced without any trouble.
Pricing is another important feature that you consider while making a comparison. Here you will find a difference in these two products. Roomba 675 is a cost effective product. Its price is quite reasonable. On the other hand, Roomba 690 is a bit expensive.
So if you are satisfied with the features of Roomba 675 and you do not want to spend much then it is a right choice for you. But if you want the bit advanced feature of Roomba 690 like Dual Mode Virtual Wall barrier technology then you can select this cleaner for your home. It depends on your budget and requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the basic difference between Roomba 675 and 690?
Ans: Roomba 690 offers the feature of Dual mode Virtual Wall barrier whereas Roomba 675 does not possess this feature. This is the key difference between the two products.
2. Is Roomba 675 good for pet hair?
Ans: Yes, this is a robotic cleaner that does not only pick up pet hair but also it is a suitable cleaner for hard floors and carpets.
3. Can we use these Roomba cleaners without Wi-Fi?
Ans: Yes, these cleaners can be used even without Wi-Fi. But there are some features that you can only avail in case of using a mobile app. So these convenience features cannot be availed without Wi-Fi.
4. Is it easy to empty Roomba 690?
Ans: Yes, it is quite easy and there is no extra fatigue for users. You just need to press the release button to eject the dust container. Users can easily remove, clean and even replace the filters without any problem.
5. What are the dimensions of Roomba 675 and 690?
Ans: These two products almost share the same dimensions. The dimensions of Roomba 675 are 13.4*13.4*3.5 inches and the dimensions of Roomba 690 are 13*13*3.6 inches.
We come to the conclusion from the above discussion that most of the features in both Roomba 675 and 690 are almost the same specially the following mentioned below:
- Overall Design is same but colors are slightly different in both models
- Physical Buttons
- Battery and Run Time
- Dimensions and size
- Navigation (iAdapt 1.0)
- Voice Control Capability
- Wi-fi Connectivity
So, if you are thinking that both these models Roomba 675 and 690 have surprisingly quite similar features then which one should you buy. I would say that despite similarities, they have very little dissimilarity and that is mainly the virtual barrier wall. Think about which is the most important feature for you in a robotic vacuum cleaner?
If you think that blocking a sensitive area is important for you then you should spend some extra bucks for Roomba 690 as it comes with a virtual barrier wall. But if the barrier wall does not matter for you then save some bucks and buy Roomba 690.