Household cleaning is a major task and people generally require a versatile cleaner that can perform this task not only effectively but also efficiently. In this regard, smart floor cleaners are a right choice. People who are looking for smart vacuums, they must be happy to know that vacuums of Roomba series are just awesome. They do not only work perfectly but also they go well with your décor. Here we will make a comparison of two Roomba products, Roomba 690 VS 890 to explore about the features they offer.
Roomba 690 vs 890 Which One is Best
Roomba 690: Roomba 690 is a sleek and versatile robotic cleaner that offers 3 stage cleaning system. Its Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barrier provides the enhanced control over this product. This product offers Patented Dirt Detect Sensors that inform Roomba 690 to work harder on the dirty areas.
This product allows thorough cleaning because of its intelligent sensors. Users are able to clean and schedule this product from anywhere with the help of its iRobot Home app. It offers 60 minute run time and it automatically returns to dock when its battery is low. The weight of this smart floor cleaner is just 7.8 pounds and the dimensions are 13*13*3.6 inches.
Roomba 890: Roomba 890 is also a robotic vacuum cleaner that delivers 5x power-lifting suction to its users. Its 3 stage cleaning system is quite good that greatly helps to pick up debris, dirt and pet hair. Roomba 890 offers an auto-adjust cleaning head that adapts its height according to different cleaning surfaces.
The feature of Patented Dirt Detection Sensor is amazing as it informs Roomba to work harder on the unclean areas. Like Roomba 690, users can clean and schedule this product from anywhere for cleaning with the help of its iRobot Home App. It has its integration with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa so users can use voice commands to control this product. The weight of this product is 8.4 pounds and dimensions of this cleaner are 13*13*3.6 inches.
1. Dimensions and design
Well, when we compare these two products on the basis of dimensions we come to know that their dimensions are pretty same. There is a slight difference that does not matter for comparison. Although design can make a bit difference between these two Roomba cleaners.
- Roomba 690: Roomba 690 is a robotic vacuum cleaner that has truly changed the position of other robotic cleaners in the market. This product offers a very elegant design with its silver finishing. This is a round shaped cleaner and due to its low profile design it can easily access hard to reach places. This cleaner is just 3.6 inches tall so it allows thorough cleaning of places without any extra efforts.
- Roomba 890: Roomba 890 is a sleek and versatile product. It is also 3.6 inch tall. This is black in color but it has a brownish tone from the centre. This product is a bit heavier as compared to Roomba 690 but it is equally good in cleaning. This is a sleek product so it can easily crawl under your furniture and clean the dirty places.
So dimensions of the products are quite same but design and color is slightly different. Users can buy Roomba 690, if they like flashy colors or they can buy Roomba 890 if brownish color scheme goes well with their décor.
Robotic vacuum cleaners are much better than the traditional ones. This is so because the features of these cleaners are highly advanced which make them a must buy product for every home who is a even a little bit into advanced technology.
Now let’s have a look on the features of both products i.e. Roomba 690 and 890 and see what they have to offer.
Features of Roomba 690
- 3 stage cleaning system
- Controllable with iRobot Home app
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Auto rechargeable product
- iAdapt navigation
- Dual-Multi Surfaces brushes
- Edge Sweeping brush
- Virtual Wall Technology
- HEPA style filter
- 60 minutes battery life
- Integration with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- Dirt Detect Technology
- Convenient scheduling
Features of Roomba 890
- AeroForce 3 stage cleaning system
- iAdapt navigation
- Tangle free Dual Multi-Surfaces Brushes
- Edge Sweeping Brushes
- 5x power suction
- Virtual wall technology
- Auto adjust cleaning head
- Advanced dirt detect technology
- HEPA filters
- 60 minutes battery run time
- Controllable with iRobot Home app
- Integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Automatically starts recharging
- Convenient scheduling
Both of the products offer amazing features. But you will observe that Roomba 890 is slightly better than the Roomba 690. This is so because Roomba 890 delivers 5x power suction and it has advanced dirt detection technology.
3. Advantages and disadvantages
It is very important to compare different available products in market before making a final purchase so you can make a wise decision. Looking at pros and cons, you can decide which cleaner is more suitable for your cleaning needs. So let us have a look on the pros and con of these two cleaners for the proper understanding so that you can make the best decision.
- Price is quite affordable
- This is an ideal product for carpets, pet hair and floors.
- Dirt detect Sensors inform this product to work on concentrated area.
- This product offers Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Feature of Virtual wall technology is awesome.
- It has enhanced sensors.
- It is Amazon Alexa and Google compatible product.
- It often misses carpet spots.
- It has clumsy navigation system.
- It may tangle in brushes.
- It has HEPA style filters not exactly the HEPA filters.
- It has short battery time.
- It offers 5x power suction.
- Its tangle free brush system is amazing.
- It has advanced dirt detection technology.
- It offers the feature of Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant allows the voice commands of users.
- Ideal product for carpets, pet hairs and floors.
- It may miss some carpet spots.
- Carpet boost function is not available.
- It can spill when dustbin is removed.
At the time of buying, you must keep 3 points in your mind. Size of your apartment, articles of furniture in your home and how frequently do you need cleaning? Because all of these questions will help you to focus on the navigation and mapping system of a cleaner. Both of the Roomba cleaners 690 and 890 share the same iAdapt navigation system but they work differently.
- Roomba 690: Roomba 690 is a smart floor cleaner that uses iAdapt navigation system but it often gets clumsy while navigating around. Sometimes it looks unsure where it needs to go and it may get stuck twice as compared to Roomba 890. Its navigation and mapping system is not very well built.
- Roomba 890: On the other hand, Roomba 890 although uses the same iAdapt navigation system but it has advanced software. So it can process information very quickly. Due to its amazing mapping and navigation system, it hardly gets stuck or hits the walls. It also performs cleaning tasks quickly as compared to the Roomba 690.
So it can be said that in a comparison of Roomba 690 VS 890, Roomba 890 has a better mapping and navigation system and it also works very fast.
Performance of a cleaner matters a lot because this is a long term investment and if your cleaner gets failed in providing excellent performance then all your money goes to waste. So now we will compare the performance of these two products that will really help you in making your decision.
- Roomba 690: Roomba 690 is a product that offers a central bristle brush roll, strong suction power and a spinning side brush. These three elements work together to provide great cleaning services to its users. Side brush helps to push dirt to the central bristle brush roll and this central brush roll greatly helps to collect all the dirt and debris with the powerful suction capacity.
- Roomba 890: Roomba 890 also offers three stage cleaning system like Roomba 690 but it performs cleaning tasks in a better way because it has advanced brush roll as compared to Roomba 690. Its Dual brush rolls are called Debris Extractor that greatly helps to gather not only dirt and debris but also small hairs. So this is an ideal product for those who experience the issue of long hair fall or pet hair.
So it is clear that performance of Roomba 890 is much better than Roomba 690.
6. Filtration system
- Roomba 690: Roomba 690 is a smart floor cleaner that utilizes AeroVac filters for the filtration of dirt and debris. The main purpose of this filter is to pick up all the dirt and debris and move them to the dust container. This filter does an amazing job but sometimes dirt and hair get tangled in these filters. This filter is quite large but there is a problem with dustbin. Capacity of dustbin is not so high so it becomes hard if you want to clean large debris from a place.
- Roomba 890: Roomba 890 utilizes a HEPA filtration system that is called AeroForce. These filters are very efficient and they can collect 99% of dust, debris, allergens and pollens. They can even trap carpet fuzz, pet hair and pencil shavings so it means that they can even catch a bit of dust while cleaning your home. Its motor is also very powerful so it provides great suction as compared to Roomba 690.
After making a comparison of Roomba 690 VS 890, we can clearly state that Roomba 890 is better than Roomba 690. Although it is a bit expensive model but it allows users the thorough cleaning of their homes. It offers some additional features that help to enhance the overall performance of this product.
This is an ideal product for those who have pets in their homes as it works efficiently to pick up the pet hair. It also traps 99% of allergens and pollens. But if you are having a tight budget then Roomba 690 is not a bad choice either way. It is reasonable in price and its features can provide with what you basically need. So it depends on your budget and the features that you look for while buying a smart floor cleaner for your homes or work places.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Which one is better for cleaning Roomba 690 or Roomba 890?
Ans: Roomba 690 offers 3 stage cleaning system with a single bristle-style brush roll. Roomba 890 also offers the 3 stage cleaning system but it features an advanced brush roll. Its Dual brush rolls greatly help to collect debris and dirt. So Roomba 890 is better in cleaning than Roomba 690.
Q2. Can we use Roomba 690 without Wi-Fi?
Ans: Yes, it can be used without Wi-Fi. But there are some convenient features that can only be utilized with Wi-Fi connectivity.
Q3. Which one is lighter in weight, Roomba 690 or 890?
Ans: There is not a big difference of weight in these two products. Roomba 890 is a bit heavy as Roomba 690 is 7.8 pounds of weight whereas the weight of Roomba 890 is 8.4 pounds.
Q4. Do they have compatibility with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa?
Ans: Yes, both of the products have been integrated with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant so users can use voice commands to control these products.
Q5. Does Roomba 690 can be scheduled from anywhere?
Ans: Yes, this product allows the feature of convenient scheduling so it can be controlled from anywhere.