Smart floor cleaners are the amazing products that perform cleaning tasks perfectly for its users. When you are in a market, you often get confused with the plenty of products. This is so because market is loaded with variety of smart cleaners and every cleaner has its own distinguished features.
So when the debate starts about a versatile cleaner, we cannot ignore the smart floor cleaners of Roomba series. Here we will compare the two Roomba 890 VS 960 as Roomba always offer some high quality products.
- Roomba 890 VS 960 Review
- #1. Navigationand Mapping Technology
- #2. Edge Cleaning Technology
- #3. Spot Cleaning Mode
- #4. Additional Features
- #5. Advantages and Disadvantages
- #6. Automatic Recharging
- #7. Design
- #8. Clean Map Reporting
- Frequently Asked Questions
Roomba 890 VS 960 Review
- Roomba 890: Roomba 890 is a smart floor cleaner that offers three stage cleaning system. This product delivers powerful lifting suction and its dirt detect sensor informs this product to work properly on dirty areas of floor.You can use this product continuously for 60 minutes and after this time, it starts charging automatically. Roomba 890 can be operated with the help of iRobot Home App because of its integration with Google assistant and Alexa. The weight of this product is 8.4 pounds and its dimensions are 13*13*3.6 inches.
- Roomba 960: Roomba 960 is an amazing product that delivers powerful suction for cleaning the surfaces. Its vSLAM technology with iAdapt 2.0 navigation allows this robotic cleaner to map out the surrounding area for thorough cleaning. It has high efficiency filter that almost catches up 99% of allergens and pollens. This product automatically starts charging when needed and it keeps on doing the cleaning job until the task is completed. Roomba 960 can be scheduled anywhere and you can use Google Assistant or Alexa voice control commands for cleaning purposes. You can even monitor cleaning sessions with the help of iRobot Home app.
Roomba 890 and 960 both are amazing products but here we will compare these two products in detail for the knowledge of our customers. This comparison will help you to choose between the two and you can buy a right one for your house.
Today, smart floor cleaners are offering advanced features to its users. Manufacturers are trying to promote products that can help people in their cleaning tasks fully.
So when we talk about the cleaning products, name of Roomba 890 and 960 are never over looked as they offer great navigation and mapping technology. Now let’s evaluate the differences between the two on the basis of navigation and mapping technology.
- Roomba 890: Roomba 890 is a product that utilizes iAdapt mapping and navigation techniques for cleaning. Robot cleaner can use its onboard sensors with the help of this technology and it can detect things like obstacles, landing, stairs and walls. These sensors are very good and they can even detect the tangled cord. Roomba 890 can even detect that whether a place has been cleaned or not. In case some area is left unclean then it will work on that place again.
- Roomba 960: Roomba 960 is a product that works on iAdapt 2.0 sensor technology. This sensor technology is quite advanced as compared to iAdapt 1.0 technology. This product can utilize the visual sensors with the help of its onboard cameras. Feature of onboard cameras is amazing as it helps to detect obstacles like walls, things etc. long before the actual touch. This is an advanced product that can use mapping and navigation technology in more effective way.
#2. Edge Cleaning Technology
At the time of buying a smart floor cleaner, a lot of features are considered. A cleaner that facilitates thorough cleaning is always recommended. In some models of Roomba series like Roomba 890 and 960 feature of edge clean technology has been introduced.
- Roomba 890: Roomba 890 is a product that has a side brush like all other Roomba vacuums but this brush goes along the edges of walls, furniture and even in the corners for loosening the debris. Thus it keeps the places clean.
- Roomba 960: Roomba 960 has an edge over Roomba 890 because it has taken the edge cleaning technology to the next level. In this product, edge cleaning mode has been introduced. Once you turn on this mode, your robotic cleaner will especially work along the edges and corners. In this way, it helps to clean dirt and debris fully.
#3. Spot Cleaning Mode
Spot cleaning mode is a feature that is present in both cleaners. Roomba 890 and 960 equally help its users to utilize this feature. With the help of this feature, you can tell your robotic vacuum cleaner for the cleaning of some specific spot. Your robotic vacuum will act upon your command and it will go to your designated unclean spot for cleaning and perform the task. These robotic vacuums work in a circular motion to cover the area of 3 feet around this cleaner. Once the cleaning of a certain area is completed, sensor sends signal to the vacuum for the cleaning of left off areas. So spot clean mode is present in both cleaners and this feature is equally good in both products.
#4. Additional Features
In the lines below, we will straightly write down the main features of both Roomba 890 Vs 960 so that you can make a quick decision about which one you want by simply looking at them.
Features of Roomba 890
- iAdapt navigation
- Patented 3 stage cleaning system
- Angle free Dual, Multi surfaces brush
- Edge Sweeping brush
- Auto, Edge, Spot and Schedule (cleaning modes)
- HEPA filter
- Weight 8.38lbs
- Battery timing 60 minutes
- Integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Use with iRobot Home app
- Virtual walls
- Ideal for thin carpet, tiles and hard floors.
Features of Roomba 960
- iAdapt 2.0 navigation with the visual coverage
- Aero-Force 3 stage cleaning system
- Tangle free Dual, Multi surface brush
- Edge sweeping brush
- Auto, Edge, Spot and schedule (cleaning modes)
- Virtual walls
- HEPA Filters
- Multi-room cleaning
- 75 minutes battery life
- Visual mapping
- Controlled with iRobot Home app, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa + Clean Map reports
- Ideal for picking up pet hair from hard floors.
#5. Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages and disadvantages are the most valid points that help to make a comparison between two products and you should definitely consider these points for a right investment. So here we will compare these two products on the basis of its pros and cons.
- Wi-Fi enabled product
- Easily controllable with iRobot Home app
- Integrated product with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Good functionality
- Have intelligent sensors
- 3 stage cleaning system
- Sensors offer dirt detection
- It can spill when dustbin is removed
- Carpet boost function is not available
- Dust container is small
- Short battery time
- Multi room navigation
- iRobot Home app
- Dual mode with Virtual wall technology
- 5x stronger power
- Recharging and resuming
- Aero force, System of three stage cleaning
- Room-to-room cleaning
- Long lasting battery
- No carpet boost
- Navigation cause trouble
#6. Automatic Recharging
Robotic vacuums have revolutionized the cleaning world and they have greatly reduced the human efforts. Now you will find that there are plenty of products in the markets that just need your commands and they are ready to serve you. Automatic recharging is among one of those amazing features that reduce the human efforts. Roomba 890 VS 960 are the products that can be compared on the basis of automatic charging too.
- Roomba 890: Roomba 890 is a product that offers the feature of automatic charging. Users have no need to take care of the battery signs. This product automatically considers its charging requirements and once the battery is low, it returns to docking station for charging itself. But this product remains docked until you have to manually set this product to work or you have to give commands by using iHome app for continuing the cleaning task.
- Roomba 960: Roomba 960 is an advanced product that does not only offer the feature of automatic recharging but also it leaves the docking station once it is fully charged. It will resume its cleaning task without any commands from the place where it left off its work. So once this cleaner is set to work, users do not need to worry about the cleaning job. This is a perfect product that will complete its designated task.
Design of a cleaner matter a lot as it gives you an idea about the reach of your cleaner. If it is sleek and compact, it can easily crawl under your low profile furniture and it can help in thorough cleaning of corners, wall sides etc. So when we compare the two, Roomba 890 Vs 960 we come to know that these two products share the same designs. They are sleek, compact and versatile cleaner. There is only a slight difference in the weight and other dimensions of these products. So talking about from design perspective, there is not much of a difference in these two products.
#8. Clean Map Reporting
Clean map reporting is a feature that has been introduced in recent models of smart cleaners by Roomba. A smart cleaner sends a report of its cleaning progress to its user with the help of this feature.
- However, Roomba 890 is a great product overall but it does not offer the feature of clean map reporting.
- Roomba 960 is a product that sends a report to its user about the cleaning progress. iHome app allows you to check the details like where your robotic cleaner is, the area that is cleaned, battery level etc. You can even check that where your cleaner has been stuck. So this is an amazing feature that lowers your cleaning headache.
In short, if you are looking to invest in Roomba smart floor cleaners, you are definitely not making mistake. But it now is your choice which one you select for your house. But when we compare the two Roomba 890 Vs 960, our verdict is in the favor of Roomba 960. Although there are so many similarities between the 890 and 960 models but Roomba 960 is an enhanced product that has some privileges over Roomba 890 like visual mapping and navigation, edge cleaning mode, auto charging and resuming, long battery life etc. It performs cleaning tasks more efficiently and even sends a cleaning report to its users. But if you do not need these advanced features, you can buy Roomba 890. It is not a bad choice but if you are willing to have full experience then Roomba 960 is a perfect product for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Are we in need to buy separate docking stations for Roomba vacuums?
Ans: No, every Roomba product comes with its own docking station. Once this product is docked, it will go back to its docking station only.
Q2. What is the key difference between Roomba 890 and 960?
Ans: Roomba 960 is an ideal product that is designed for entire level cleaning whereas Roomba 890 does not offer this feature. In Roomba 890, there is no separate mode for edge cleaning. This feature makes a huge difference.
Q3. Can we use Roomba 890 and 960 for pet hairs?
Ans: Yes, both of the products use advanced brush rolls that greatly help to pick up the pet hairs.
Q4. Which Roomba product offers more battery timing, Roomba 890 or 960?
Ans: Roomba 960 offers 75 minute battery timing whereas battery timing of Roomba 890 is 60 minutes. Roomba 960 also resumes the designated cleaning task itself once it is fully charged.
Q5. Does Roomba 890 offer the multi-room cleaning feature?
Ans: No, Roomba 890 does not allow multi-room cleaning. In the other models like Roomba 960 feature of multi-room cleaning has been introduced.